Please come join us at Parker Pie on Saturday November 15th from 6PM to 11PM! Hope to see you there...
DRAFT – Vintage
Arthur – April 2014
Brother Soigne – batch 2, October 2013
Birth of Tragedy – 2012 vintage
Beyond Good and Evil
Daybreak (French Orange Liqueur Barrel Aged) – January 2014
DRAFT – Fresh and Hoppy
Nelson Single Hop
Siren / Hill Farmstead / Mikkeller Lemon Cello IPA (new/fresh batch!)
Cantillon Saint Lamvinus
Cantillion Fou Foune
A small crowd of about 220 people, some from just down the road and some from across the country, attended the Festival of Farmhouse Ales at Hill Farmstead Brewery on Saturday, August 16th. The attendees were able to enjoy samples of beer from a dozen breweries in addition to Hill Farmstead’s offerings, as well as food provided by local vendors and musical performances by the Eames Brothers Band and Granite Junction. Attendees were required to be accompanied by a designated driver, who received free admission, non-alcoholic drinks, and free food.
The day culminated with the drawing of a charity raffle that raised $4,575 for Four Seasons of Early Learning, a non-profit early childhood education center in Greensboro Bend. The entire amount will help launch a new farm-to-plate program for young students to learn through the food cycle of planting, maintaining, and harvesting a garden. At the end of the season, the children will prepare a meal for their families and neighbors using the food they grew.
Shaun Hill, the owner Hill Farmstead Brewery said, “For the past few years, we have been using our festivals as a way to increase awareness of and raise money for local causes. I deeply believe in the value of early education, and the farm-to-plate program at Four Seasons is a great way to help children at an early age learn great concepts and life skills.”
“We are very happy to partner with Hill Farmstead and are humbled by their generosity. We are starting the farm-to-plate program because we’ve learned that many of our students won’t otherwise learn about the importance of local, fresh food production,” said Michelle Laflam, director of Four Seasons of Early Learning. “It was great attending the festival and having the opportunity to share with everyone our story.”
Hill Farmstead Brewery has received numerous accolades, including recent recognition by the beer rating website Rate Beer as the world’s best brewery. “In recent years, we have partnered with organizations such as the food pantry and the Head Start program. We are committed to making a positive impact on our community, and we are happy to partner with places, like Four Seasons, that are making our local community even better,” said Hill.
As many of you have already noticed, we were selected to be one of the host locations for this year's Cantillon Zwanze Day!
Details will be forthcoming very soon, so stay tuned to our Zwanze page under the Events tab for updates.
Our event is sold out, so thanks to everyone who entered!
We are extremely excited to announce some of our confirmed beer selections, as well as those of our guests. To say we're grateful the guests who will be joining us is an understatement. Without furthur ado, here's the tentative list of what attendees will see... and more will be announced, too!
- Hill Farmstead Anna
- Hill Farmsted E. 2014
- Hill Farmstead Arthur
- Hill Farmstead/Crooked Stave/Oud Camino: Blend #2
- Hill Farmstead/Brasserie de Blaugies Le Sarrasin
- Hill Farmstead Vera Mae 2014
- Grassroots Brewing Brother Soigné
- Tired Hands Brewing Co. HandFarm
- Tired Hands Brewing Co. TBA
- Sante Adairius Bernice
- Sante Adairius TBA
- Stillwater Artisanal Ales Barrel-Aged Brett Saison
- Oxbow Farmhouse Ales Barrel-Aged Farmhouse Pale Ale
- Oxbow Farmhouse Ales Blended Oxtoberfest ('11/'12/'13)
- Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project Vieille (Sour Saison)
- Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project Vieille Double Dry Hop (Motueka Dry Hopped Sour Saison)
- Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project Surette (Sour Saison)
- Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project St. Bretta Summer* (Tango Mandarin citrus)
- Au Baron Cuvée Des Jonquilles
- Brasserie de Blaugies Saison d'Epeautre
- Brasserie Thiriez Blond TBA
- Virtue Cider TBA
- Hopfenstark TBA
- Le Trou du Diable TBA
- More to be announced soon!
We are very excited to start accepting cards today and want to make the process as smooth as possible for all of you.
To that end, we are asking for your help! If you can call the number on the back of your credit/debit card and ask them to note your account with the following information it will ensure that your card swipe is authorized on the first try and without you having to call them from line/checkout:
- I will be traveling and using my card in Greensboro Bend, VT on the following days…
- I will be using my card at Hill Farmstead Brewery
- I may make several transactions at Hill Farmstead Brewery in the same day, or even the same hour
- You could also give them an idea of the figures you may spend or some maximum threshold (bigger $ amounts get flagged more often)
Cell service here can be spotty and we certainly want to keep the line moving and get everyone their beer ASAP so they can enjoy the rest of their day, so if you have the ability to call your card company before arriving we would genuinely appreciate it.
One other note: if you have a Chase card they sometimes will send you a text and an email asking you to authorize a transaction if it is flagged. This happened to me at Torst/Luksus a few weeks ago and once I texted back to accept they were able to run the card. Other card companies may do this as well.
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide on the above, we appreciate it. As the algorithms and computers at the card companies get used to us accepting cards and customer patterns this won’t be an issue, but we want to be proactive here in the early days and make things as comfortable as possible for all of you.
If you have questions or concerns feel free to contact me: email@example.com
We are pleased to announce that we are now accepting MasterCard, Visa and Discover cards for payment in our retail shop. A few notes…
- This includes debit cards that have the aforementioned logos on them
- We will not be accepting American Express (or other cards not listed above)
- We will still be accepting cash
Swing on over to the Festival page, www.hillfarmstead.com/fofa, for details on the event and to register for the ticket lottery!