Retail Update for 11 May 2022
Mask Policy Update • Prolegomena • Anna: Motueka™ • Can Restocks
We will adjust our masking policy for both the tasting room and retail shop this coming week. Beginning Weds., masks will be optional for guests and staff within the facility. We’re grateful for everyone’s patience and care over the last two years in observing the masking requirement; guests are encouraged to mask as is their comfort level, and we will continue to make available disposable masks for guests in each location.
First envisioned and created over a decade ago in partnership with longtime friend Will Meyers of Cambridge Brewing Co., Prolegomena is our interpretation of the Flanders red ale—the Burgundy of Belgium. The base of this, only the second edition, was brewed on December 24th, 2013, and May 8, 2014. This beer conditioned, slowly, in wood for between 32 months and three years, slowly developing acidity and harmonized layers of complexity from the introduction of wild yeast. With an extended bottle-conditioning of more than five years prior to release, this beer has seen a journey of more than 8 years from brew day to release.
During the 2017 season, we selected a number of beers, observing certain characteristics amongst them that indicated significant benefit from extended conditioning in bottle. Prolegomena was one of those chosen and now makes its debut. Significantly, this represents and highlights our unwavering commitment to shepherding each beer along its appropriate journey towards achievement—regardless of the time frame necessitated by the whim and whimsy of the natural process.
This edition of our honey Farmstead® ale is crafted from organic malted barley, Vermont wildflower honey; our distinctive farmhouse yeast; and water from our well. It was then copiously dry-hopped with Motueka™ hops grown by Freestyle Farms in Upper Moutere, New Zealand.
Can Offerings for The Week
This week will see the return of…
- Abner, our American Imperial IPA brewed with a plethora of hops, including Amarillo® and hand-selected organically grown Simcoe® from Perrault Farms in Moxee, Wash.
- Society & Solitude #5, our American Imperial IPA brewed with a combination of hops from the Pacific Northwest and New Zealand.
Our can selection will also include…
- Marie, our unfiltered German-style Helles brewed with organic malted barley
- Song of Spring, our hoppy pale lager with Motueka™ hops from Freestyle Farms, our agricultural partner in Upper Moutere, New Zealand; Cascade, grown by nearby Whitefield Hop Yards in Hardwick; and Crystal, grown by Champlain Valley Hops in Starksboro, Vt.
- Susan, our American IPA brewed with our very own lot of Riwaka; Amarillo®; and hand-selected organically grown Simcoe® from Perrault Farms in Moxee, Wash.
- Double Nelson, our American Imperial IPA brewed exclusively with Nelson Sauvin hops from Freestyle Farms, our agricultural partner in Upper Moutere, New Zealand
This week in our taproom, we’ll have available several draft beers for takeaway growler fills (no reservations required!):
- Edward, American Pale Ale
- Harlan, American IPA
- Susan, American IPA
- Marie, German-style Helles
- Double Citra, Imperial IPA
- Double Nelson, Imperial IPA
- Song of Spring, Hoppy Lager