Hill Farmstead Retail Update for 24 August 2022
Riwaka Pale Ale • Double Motueka • Taproom Updates
Joining our can and growler selections for the coming week will be Riwaka Single Hop Pale Ale and Double Motueka. We’ll also be joined on Thursday (only) by Making The CuTX BBQ, who will be offering up their culinary creations for visitors!
Riwaka Single Hop Pale Ale features hand-selected Riwaka hops from Freestyle Farm—our agricultural partner in Upper Moutere, New Zealand. Riwaka remains one of the most uniquely expressive varietals that we have encountered, and we are fortunate to have been partnered with Freestyle Hops since its inception.
Also, in a bit of kismet and circumstance, our Imperial single hop IPA Double Motueka returns, showcasing an abundance of hand-selected Motueka™—also from Freestyle Farm! Its reappearance presents a delightful opportunity for juxtaposition with Self-Reliance: Motueka in bottle, which offers two unique experiences with the same hop in decidedly different contexts.
These two canned options will join…
- Mary – German-style Pilsner, brewed entirely with organic malted barley.
- Of First & Last Things – India Pale Ale featuring Motueka™, Nelson Sauvin, and organically grown Simcoe® from Perrault Farms in Moxee, Wash.
- Society & Solitude #5 — American Imperial IPA brewed with hops from the Pacific Northwest and New Zealand.
- Double Citra – Imperial IPA brewed entirely with our hand-selected organic Citra® selections.
The bottled portion of our to-go offerings will include Vera Mae 2021; Arthur: Puncheon; Blueberry; 2020 Harvest; Self-Reliance: Citra; and a number of special guest offerings.
Our reservation guests may enjoy a range of draft offerings, including Edward; Riwaka Single Hop Pale Ale; Shirley Mae; Poetica; Mary; Of First & Last Things; vintage Farmstead® ales; bottle and glass pours of vintage beers; and guest ciders from nearby Wildbranch Cider.
Our outdoor tap station will offer glass pours of Edward, Poetica, and Riwaka Single Hop Pale Ale, as well as rotating options depending on the week—available for walk-in guests and reservation holders alike!
For takeaway growler fills in our taproom (no reservations required!):
- Edward – American Pale Ale
- Mary – German-style Pilsner brewed entirely with organic malted barley
- Riwaka Single Hop Pale Ale
- Of First & Last Things – IPA with Motueka™, Nelson Sauvin, and Simcoe®
- Society & Solitude #5 – Imperial IPA with hops from Pacific Northwest and New Zealand
- Double Motueka – Double India Pale Ale with Motueka™ hops