Hill Farmstead Retail Update for 27 July 2022
Bourbon Barrel-Aged Viola Sofia • Of First & Last Things and Society & Solitude #6 • Poetica
A reimagined interpretation of an imperial stout from the early years, Viola Sofia, joins fresh new batches of Of First & Last Things and Society & Solitude #6 in cans and on tap this week, as well as the return of Poetica!
Bourbon Barrel-Aged Viola Sofia
Initially devised in 2011 for Rome’s legendary Ma Che Siete Venuti A Fà to celebrate the birth of the owner’s daughter, this reenvisioned rendition of Viola Sofia honors the original while benefiting from the experiential wisdom inherent in a decade of progress. Brewed in May 2020, this imperial stout spent 15 months resting in Bourbon barrels from one of our favorite distilleries. Following ten months of rest in the bottle, this is now ready to enjoy.
Our retail shop line-up also includes Arthur: Puncheon; Blueberry: Harvest 2020; Self-Reliance: Citra®; Nonconformist 4; and occasional guest offerings.
Two canned offerings make a return appearance this week in the retail shop: Of First & Last Things and Society & Solitude #6.
Of First & Last Things harmonizes some of our favorite hand-selected hop varieties—Motueka™, Nelson Sauvin, and organically grown Simcoe® from Perrault Farms in Moxee, Wash.—into a bright, balanced India Pale Ale. Society & Solitude #6 is our Imperial India Pale Ale brewed almost exclusively with hand-selected organic Mosaic® hops, grown by Roy Farms in Moxee, Wash.
Our can selection will also include…
- Song of Summer, Vermont Pale Ale with local wheat and hops
- Susan, American India Pale Ale brewed with a selection of organic hops
- Abner, American Imperial IPA brewed with a plethora of hops, including Amarillo® and hand-selected organically grown Simcoe® from Perrault Farms in Moxee, Wash.
- Double Nelson, Double IPA hopped exclusively with hand-selected Nelson Sauvin hops from our agricultural partner, Freestyle Farms in Upper Moutere, New Zealand
New Taproom Draft
As we say a fond farewell to Rhetorica, we welcome back Poetica to our onsite draft offerings. A portion of Mary, our German-style Pilsner, was lagered in our oak puncheons at 1-3º C. After nearly three months, the beer was moved to tank and krausened—like all of our lager—with fresh fermenting beer to provide natural carbonation. Once again, we present you with a softened, refined, and elevated representation of Mary.
Our outdoor tap offerings continue to evolve, with glass pours of Edward, Memoria, and Song of Summer, as well as rotating options depending on the week—available for walk-in guests and reservation holders alike!
Our taproom draft offerings for this week’s upcoming reservation service will include Edward; Memoria; Difference & Repetition: Simcoe®/Mosaic/Citra®; Difference & Repetition: Simcoe®/HBC 637; Of First & Last Things; vintage Farmstead® ales; bottle and glass pours of vintage beers; guest ciders from Wildbranch Cider; and more.
For takeaway growler fills in our taproom (no reservations required!):
- Edward, American Pale Ale
- Difference & Repetition: Simcoe®/Mosaic/Citra®, IPA
- Difference & Repetition: Simcoe®/HBC 637, IPA
- Of First & Last Things, IPA with Motueka™, Nelson Sauvin, and Simcoe®
- Society & Solitude #6, Imperial IPA with organic Mosaic® hops
- Double Nelson, Double India Pale Ale with Nelson Sauvin