Retail Update for 29 March 2023
Sue: Yellow Raspberry • Customer Appreciation Week
To brighten up the annual excursion into tans, grays, and sticks, we’ll debut a new, lively, cheery reminder of previous summer harvests, Sue with Yellow Raspberries, and celebrate Shaun’s ambitious endeavor to brew the first commercial batch of beer on Hill Road, thirteen years ago on 30 March, with Customer Appreciation Week (check out our earlier post about the coming week’s celebration).
Sue: Yellow Raspberry
The wine barrel-aged version of Susan (1891-1975), Sue is our bright, citrusy, and beautiful Farmstead® India pale ale. During barrel observation, we discovered some of her namesake beer that exhibited characteristics sympathetic to freshly revealed pomace from the previous harvest season’s yellow raspberries, grown at Fisher Brothers Farm in Shelburne, Vt. The result embraces a complex, lightly tart, and delicately dry-hopped nature within the context of the lingering essence of this unique fruit’s character.
Can and growler offerings:
- Susan – American IPA brewed with hops from the Yakima Valley, and Riwaka hops from New Zealand
- Harlan – American IPA brewed with Columbus, Simcoe®, and Nelson Sauvin
- Society & Solitude #13 – The newest entry in the series: A Double IPA brewed with HBC 586, Simcoe, and Strata® hops.
- Double Nelson – Double IPA brewed exclusively with personally selected Nelson Sauvin hops from our agricultural partner, Freestyle Hops, in New Zealand.
- Marie – Marie, German-style Helles brewed with organic malted barley
Bottle shop offerings:
Alongside Sue: Yellow Raspberry, our retail shop’s bottle selection will also feature Anna; Arthur; Florence; Civil Disobedience Blend 36; Nonconformist 06; Sankt Hans; Biere de Norma; Convivial Suarez; Plum: 2021 Harvest; Clara; Charlie; as well as curated guest bottles from 3 Fonteinen.