Retail Update for Christmas Week 2022
For this upcoming week of Christmas, we will be open Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, 11:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., and then closed on Saturday, 24 December, so that our team might celebrate the holidays with their friends and loved ones. We will be open as usual the following week, leading up to the New Year and moving forward. We do not anticipate any extended closures in 2023 and will maintain our typical hours throughout the year.
A new entry in our exploratory IPA series, Excursions, will be on offer in our taproom for both onsite enjoyment and takeaway growler. This entry features the experimental hop HBC 586 and Phantasm Thiol Powder. Developed by the Hop Breeding Co. (a joint venture between John I. Haas and Yakima Chief Ranches), HBC 586 is perhaps our favorite HBC varietal in the last decade and was also featured in our Self-Reliance collection and is now featured in Society and Solitude #5. Phantasm is a fascinating and novel ingredient, made from Marlborough New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc grape skins; rich in Thiol precursors, it can enhance and bolster strong tropical fruit aromas during the fermentation process. Developed by longtime friend Jos Ruffell of Phantasm.NZ and the owner of New Zealand’s Garage Project, Phantasm is made from leftover organic material after the Sauvignon Blanc grapes are pressed, including the skins, pulp, and stems.
We’ll also have freshly packaged cans and pours of our American brown ale, George, and our American porter, Everett, for takeaway in our bottle shop and taproom, as well as a full slate of cans and bottles for your respective holiday tables. Poetica will also be available for to-go growlers in our taproom.
Visit our website for details on the individual releases and up-to-date information on taproom offerings and growlers.
Our Takeaway Line-up:
- Motueka (Nelson Lakes) Single Hop Pale Ale
- Harlan – American IPA
- Susan – American IPA
- George – American brown ale
- Everett – American Porter
- Double Nelson – Imperial IPA brewed exclusively with personally selected Nelson Sauvin Hops from Freestyle Hops in New Zealand
- Twilight of the Idols – Holiday porter with vanilla, cinnamon, and coffee.
- Aaron, Barleywine-style ale aged in Bourbon barrels
- Anna, Honey Farmstead® Ale
- Arthur, Farmstead® Ale
- Charlie, Low-alcohol Farmstead® Ale
- Civil Disobedience Blend 35, Blended barrel-aged Farmstead® ale
- Clara, Farmstead® Grisette
- Convivial Suarez, Farmstead® Ale with hibiscus and lime
- Damon (Port), Port barrel-aged imperial stout
- Dorothy, dry-hopped Farmstead® ale
- Flora, Wine barrel-aged wheat Farmstead® ale
- Florence, wheat Farmstead® ale
- Plum: 2021 Harvest, Barrel-aged Farmstead® Ale with local organic plums
By the Glass
Selections for onsite enjoyment will include Edward; Harlan; Motueka (Nelson Lakes) Single Hop Pale Ale; Marie; Poetica; Excursions: HBC 586/Phantasm; Susan; George; Everett; and Shirley Mae. We also offer an ever-changing menu with bottles, glass pours of vintage beers, and guest ciders from nearby Wildbranch Cider.