Hill Farmstead Retail Update for 27 May 2022
Rhetorica Returns • Edward, Susan, & Ephraim Cans • Poetica 3 for Growlers
Our to-go and onsite options expand with new drafts, new cans, and growler availability for Poetica 3! The new tents are raised and ready this week, with picnic tables to greet both reservation holders and walk-ins. 100% of all reservation fees are directed to Pope Memorial Frontier Animal Society this month. Visit https://www.exploretock.com/hillfarmsteadbrewery for openings.
In November of 2017, Shaun and Bob traveled to the Czech Republic. Our inspiration from the experience has been expressed most often through Poetica and Memoria. However, one of our fondest memories was the discovery of Czech dark lager (tmavé pivo)—a perfect synthesis of slight roast, creamy carbonation, hinted-at hops—and immense satisfaction. Shaun brewed the first appearance of Rhetorica in October of 2018.
In the summer of 2021, we again visited the Czech Republic, this time to brew a collaboration beer with Pilsner Urquell for its Volba Sladka (Brewer’s Choice) program (check out our blog post about that experience! [LINK]). Having the opportunity to revisit tmavé pivo throughout our trip, even from the tanks, we continue to refine and adjust each attempt towards a Platonic ideal we hold in our memories.
Rhetorica once again returns for onsite enjoyment this week. This particular iteration was triple decocted, brewed with organic malted barley, conditioned in wood for more than four months, and then moved to a stainless tank for slow, gentle, natural carbonation over the course of two weeks. It is now ready for taproom and walk-in guests (and us!) to enjoy throughout early summer.
To-Go Offerings for The Week
We’ve got a tryptic of newly packaged hoppy cans coming this week:
- Edward, our American pale brewed with hand-selected organic Centennial hops from Yakima Chief Hops, grown by Roy Farms in Moxee, Wash.
- Susan, our American IPA brewed with our very own lot of Riwaka; Amarillo®; and hand-selected organically grown Simcoe® from Perrault Farms in Moxee, Wash.
- Ephraim, our Imperial India Pale Ale with American malted barley and copious volumes of American hops—unfiltered, double dry-hopped, intensely aromatic, and saturated with resinous hop flavor.
Also available in cans…
- Marie, our unfiltered German-style Helles brewed with organic malted barley.
- Walden, our hoppy blond ale with Motueka™, Simcoe®, and Amarillo®
- Song of Spring, our hoppy pale lager with Motueka™ hops from Freestyle Farms, our agricultural partner in Upper Moutere, New Zealand; Cascade, grown by nearby Whitefield Hop Yards in Hardwick; and Crystal, grown by Champlain Valley Hops in Starksboro, Vt.
Our bottle selection will feature Prolegomena; Self-Reliance: Cascade; Anna: Motueka™; Charlie; Madness & Civilization Blend 15; and Barrel-Aged Table Dorothy, amongst several others.
This week in our taproom, we’ll have available several draft beers for takeaway growler fills (no reservations required!):
- Edward, American Pale Ale
- Marie, German-style Helles
- Poetica, German-style Helles
- Society & Solitude #5, Imperial IPA
- Ephraim, Triple IPA
- Song of Spring, Hoppy Lager