Retail Update for 17 May 2023
Wheat Blanc • Nonconformist 07 • What is Enlightenment? • Susan • Society & Solitude #10
We have an abundance of new and returning beers for the coming week! Wheat Blanc reemerges in 750ml bottles, alongside another novel entry in our Nonconformist sequence and freshly packaged cans of What is Enlightenment?, Susan, and Society & Solitude #10. Our taproom will also be flush with drafts and vintage beers by the glass and bottle for enjoyment during your visit.
In our continued exploration of Farmstead® ales within various contexts and processes, we once again present a lively, delicately tart, wine barrel-conditioned ale with a grist bill comprised of 90% organically grown wheat and 10% organically grown barley. This vintage was blended from a diversity of 9 to 16-month barrels and dry-hopped with hand-selected Motueka hops from Freestyle Hops—our agricultural partner, in Upper Moutere, New Zealand—as well as hand-selected Hallertauer Blanc hops from Seitz Farm—our agricultural partner in Wolnzach, Germany.
This exploratory series provides us with whimsical opportunities to share an assortment of blended beers, exploratory aging techniques, and distinctive ingredient pairings.
Nonconformist 07 is a particularly delightful representation of timing, chance, and creativity. We filled wine barrels with Of First & Last Things—our IPA with Motueka™, Nelson Sauvin, and Simcoe® Hops—and allowed it to rest for nine months while developing nuanced acidity from the metabolic contribution of our resident microflora, after which we aged it further with organic Tulsi powder and organic Lemon Balm, both from Foster Farm Botanicals in East Calais, Vt. After a year of careful monitoring of its in-bottle evolution, we’re pleased to share this singular, enchantingly complex creation.
Each release features the imaginative artwork by our lifelong friend and collaborator, Alex Peltz of Peltz Creative.
Cans and Growlers:
- What is Enlightenment? – A refreshing American Pale Ale first brewed more than a decade ago in honor of our Second Anniversary with Simcoe® and Amarillo® hops.
- Susan – IPA brewed with hops from the Yakima Valley and Riwaka hops from New Zealand.
- Society & Solitude #10 – Double IPA brewed with Hill Road honey and hopped with Simcoe®, Galaxy, and Nelson Sauvin hops.
- Abner – Double IPA brewed with American malted barley and a selection of American hops from the Pacific Northwest.
- Double Nelson – Double IPA brewed exclusively with Nelson Sauvin hops from our partner farm in New Zealand: Freestyle Hops.
- Everett – Porter, brewed with American malted barley, English and German roasted malts, and American hops.
Our to-go selection of bottles includes Double Barrel Aaron: Bourbon|Cognac; Civil Disobedience Blend 36; Biere de Norma; Anna: Motueka; as well as newly curated guest bottles from 3 Fonteinen.