Retail Update for 2 November 2022
Clara • Susan and Marie • Reservation Update
We are well and truly into Vermont’s sixth (or seventh) season, charmingly referred to as Stick Season. There’s a distinctive and unique mood to the Northeast Kingdom before our first snowfall, well worth embracing with the long winter ahead of us. This week, Clara’s namesake beer returns to our bottle shop line-up, and Susan and Marie’s respective namesake beers once again head to the draft lines and can offerings. Reservations for the remainder of the year will open up on Tuesday, 1 November, at noon with a revised format, taking into account the changing seasons, our limited inside space, and more than a year of experience with the reservation format. Check out our previous post for a detailed look at our reservation service updates.
Visit our website for details on reservations and can, bottle, growler, and draft offerings.
This Grisette is crafted from organic American malted barley, Vermont Organic Wheat, European and American hops, our distinctive farmhouse yeast, and water from our well. Clara (1906-1969) was Edward’s sister; Hill Farmstead Brewery rests upon the land that was once home to her and her 13 siblings.
Also available for takeaway as bottles will be Charlie, Wheat Blanc, Anna, Arthur, Florence, Self-Reliance: Motueka, and Self-Reliance 3-bottle gift sets.
Two freshly packaged cans return to our retail shop coolers this coming week:
- Susan – American India Pale Ale brewed with a selection of organic hops
- Marie – German-style Helles brewed with organic malted barley
- Nelson Single Hop Pale Ale – Pale ale brewed exclusively with hand-selected Nelson Sauvin hops from Freestyle Farms, our agricultural partners in Upper Moutere, New Zealand. 5% abv.
- Harlan – IPA dry-hopped with Columbus, personally selected Nelson Sauvin, and organic, hand-selected Simcoe® hops. 6.2% abv.
- Double Motueka – Double India Pale Ale with Motueka™ hops, also grown by Freestyle Farms. 8% abv.
- Mary – Unfiltered, naturally carbonated German-style lager brewed with organic malts. 5% abv.
- Society & Solitude #4 – Double India Pale Ale with Citra® and Galaxy hops. 8% abv.
By the Glass and Growlers To Go
Selections for onsite enjoyment will include Edward; Memoria; Nelson Single Hop Pale Ale; Mary; Harlan; George; Earl; bottle and glass pours of vintage beers; and guest ciders from nearby Wildbranch Cider.
Reservation service is available through 5 November, with fees 100% benefiting the Hardwick Area Food Shelf, and walk-in guests are always welcome!
An updated menu of growler options in our taproom (no reservations required!) may be found on our Retail Shop page.