Retail Update for 26 October 2022
Charlie • Nelson Single Hop Pale Ale, Harlan, and Double Motueka
While the leaves may be mostly footpath sound effects now, we’re enjoying the late autumn weather with a keen eye on what’s on the horizon and continuing to plan our reservation service layout for after 5 November. We look forward to sharing that information with you soon—we’re grateful for your patience!
This week, we’ll welcome back the namesake beer for our oft-remembered furry friend, Charlie, and replenish the can coolers and draft lines with three additional offerings. Stay tuned as well for information on some big doings in New York City in early November… we’ve dug deep into the cellar for these outings, and we’re looking forward to sharing them with you in person.
Many of you have fond memories of the unofficial mayor of Hill Road, our faithful, loving, and steadfast golden companion. Charlie lives on in our memories and also in the delightful lightness and suitably lively nature of his namesake low-alcohol Farmstead® ale. At a mere 2% abv and thoughtfully dry-hopped with hand-selected Mosaic® and Simcoe®, it’s the sort of cheerful, low-impact option that knows no season. Cheers, Charlie!
Also available for takeaway as bottles will be Wheat Blanc, Blueberry: 2020 Harvest, Anna; Arthur; Florence; and Self-Reliance: Motueka.
Three additional freshly packaged cans will join our retail shop coolers for takeaway this coming week:
- Nelson Single Hop Pale Ale – Pale ale brewed exclusively with hand-selected Nelson Sauvin hops from Freestyle Farms, our agricultural partners in Upper Moutere, New Zealand
- Harlan – IPA dry-hopped with Columbus, personally selected Nelson Sauvin, and organic, hand-selected Simcoe® hops
- Double Motueka – Double India Pale Ale with Motueka™ hops, also grown by Freestyle Farms.
We’ll still also have available…
- Mary – Unfiltered, naturally carbonated German-style lager brewed with organic malts. 5% abv.
- Society & Solitude #4 – Double India Pale Ale with Citra® and Galaxy hops. 8% abv.
- Earl – Stout brewed with coffee sources and roasted by The Coffee Collective in Copenhagen
By the Glass and Growlers To Go
Selections for onsite enjoyment will include Edward; Memoria; Nelson Single Hop Pale Ale; Harlan; George; Earl; Shirley Mae; bottle and glass pours of vintage beers; and guest ciders from nearby Wildbranch Cider.
Reservation service is available, with fees 100% benefiting the Hardwick Children’s Holiday Project, and walk-in guests are always welcome!
An updated menu of growler options in our taproom (no reservations required!) may be found on our Retail Shop page.