Retail Update for 1 February 2023
Poetica #3 • Difference & Repetition: Simcoe®/Mosaic/Citra® • Marie
Winter has finally returned in earnest and graced us with an elegant drape of snow, a delightful view to enjoy with the return of Poetica III, Marie, and Difference & Repetition: Simcoe®/Mosaic/Citra®.
After a trip to Pilsen in 2017, we began a purposeful pursuit of lager refinement. Over the course of the last five-plus years, that journey has resulted in a number of forays into oak-conditioned lagers, including Poetica III. This Czech-inspired pilsner is brewed with a single decoction mash process, Czech Saaz hops, fermented with Czech and German lager yeast, and cold-conditioned in our French oak puncheons. After more than three months of rest, the beer was moved to a tank and krausened with fresh fermenting pilsner for gentle, natural carbonation during another month of further transformation and slow carbonation.
This selection will be available on draft in our taproom this coming week (no growlers at this time).
Glass pours of Ann also continue in our taproom each retail day through 25 February. No reservations are required.
New Can Offerings
Our ongoing exploratory American IPA series, Difference & Repetition, returns with a combination featuring personally selected lots of organic Simcoe®, Mosaic, and the 2022 harvest of Citra®. We’ll also offer freshly packaged cans of Marie, our German-style Helles brewed with organic malted barley.
Our retail shop’s bottle selection will feature Fear & Trembling; Genealogy of Morals: Vista Hermosa Sarchimor; Plum: 2021 Harvest; Clara; Charlie; Dorothy; as well as a number of curated guest bottles.
Canned offerings will also include…
- Nelson Single Hop Pale Ale – Brewed exclusively with personally selected Nelson Sauvin hops from our agricultural partner, Freestyle Hops in New Zealand
- Double Citra – Imperial IPA brewed exclusively with Citra® hops (featuring 2022 harvest Citra®)
- Mary – German-style Lager with organic malted barley
- Harlan – IPA with Columbus, Simcoe®, and Nelson Sauvin
- George – Classic American Brown Ale
- Society & Solitude #2 – Imperial Black India Pale Ale.
Visit our retail shop page for more details and an updated list of drafts, bottles, and cans.